10.12.11

September 24th and 25th


I dont' know why it has taken me so long to write this post. Maybe it is because I have no good photos to accompany it. Or because this post will mark a final period to that weekend.

Well. The last weekend in September I was a hostess at the UCI Road World Championships, in Rudersdal. It was such a big event to be part of.
Saturday I worked in the UCI Lounge, where all 'big' people within the cycling world were. Work was such a small part of it. We watched cycling, talked to a lot of important men in suits, and got a ride in one of those cars following the riders around the race course. And for the finish I practically stood on the finish line.

Sunday was in a Golden Club Lounge- a lot different than Saturday. Work was stressfull, and people ate canapees as if they had not eaten for a week.
Sun was out all day, and Geels Bakke surely was an amazing sight. People from all around the world (and all of Norway, it seemed) were there, celebrating for ten - or more - hours, cheering when hundreds of kiloes of muscles raced past us! It was l o u d !

I often think about that weeekend. Where my inborn love for cyclingy truly was expressed. Where I met such kind and helpful people. And where I was part of something big and infinitely positive (this could be the ending of a cheesy novel).

No comments:

Post a Comment